Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
Online Saint Paul Web Coding Boot Camp
Web development is a fast-growing career path, and University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized programming skills to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a rigorous, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front end coding and back end coding technologies.
Our part-time course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Both the part-time and full-time Coding Boot Camp offer live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors. The part-time program also features engaging lessons to work through on your own schedule.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand web development skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is applicable to a professional environment.
Why Choose Our Web Development Program?
- Study at the pace that works best for you, with both full-time class (12-week) and part-time class (24-week) options to choose from.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Earn a Full Stack Web Development Certificate from the University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide set of career services: resume and social media support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, 1:1 coaching, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
“…I developed new skills that I really enjoy having and are very marketable. I am finally on a career path rather than just moving from job to job.”
-Paul Hendrickson, University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp alumni
Gain Future-Proof Skills
Through hands-on developer work and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development—helping you stand out in today’s market.
- Algorithms (Searches, Sorts)
- Time Complexity
- Big O Notation
- Data Structures
Browser Based Technologies
- Responsive Design
- Local Storage, Session Storage, IndexedDB
Server Side Development
- User Authentication
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js)
Supplemental Self-Study Topics
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Market-Driven Full-Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full-stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Innovative Part-Time Online Model
Offered fully online, the part-time University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp was designed for busy, working professionals like you. We understand that you need the flexibility to fit your education around your existing work and life schedule, but we also know that accountability is fundamental to helping you become a web developer.
Flexible Online Lessons
Each week you will work through the project-based lessons on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Interactive Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive comprehensive support from a team dedicated to helping you be successful. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, and student success and career services teams.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new coding skills, staying on pace, and progressing through the course as you should be by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings.
When learning the skills for web development, it’s important to have help available when you need it. University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp’s part-time and full-time programs offer you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Career Services and Industry Partnerships Support
Achieve your career goals with the help of a career coach and career material advisor, plus a variety of opportunities such as:
- Unlimited feedback on professional materials
- The career services team offers unlimited feedback on your professional materials, like your resume and portfolio, to help you become employer-competitive.
- Interview prep and 1:1 career coaching
- Discuss your career journey and receive quality coaching strategies and additional resources to help you become employer competitive. You will also have the opportunity to complete in-depth interview practice sessions, where you will be guided through real-world coding challenges and behavioral questions.
- Career and industry events
- We offer ongoing behavioral and technical workshops, as well as events such as Demo Days with industry professionals, to help you build a network and stand out in the job market.
- Industry partner connections
- Our career services team has an employer partner network of over 250 companies, hiring from across all of our boot camps. Events like the Career Connections career fair help us connect learners to employment opportunities with our partners.
- Job referrals
- Work with your dedicated career coach to become employer-ready and eligible for referrals to our employer partners.
Is This Program Right for You?
University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp was built for a wide range of individuals, with both full-time and part-time schedule options. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
Hear From Our Students
“I went to the coding boot camp with no experience whatsoever in software and web development. My goal was to jumpstart a brand new career. After going through the program and learning a great deal, I was able to find a full-time job in about three months.”
-Adrian Moravec, University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp alumni
A biking accident forced Andrew Johnson to reconsider his career in construction, so he decided to follow his passion for coding. He realized he needed education to get noticed, so he enrolled in University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp. After successful completion of the program, Andrew was offered a job on the spot during his interview.
“I was stuck in a dead end job with no skills that would be applicable in a career. As soon as I realized I was capable of understanding and writing code, I saw a possible future in it with endless career possibilities…The experience was as tough as I expected but I tried hard and did very well. This is probably the best decision I’ve ever made.”
-Brian Nickila, University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp alumni
How to Apply to the Coding Boot Camp
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp offers a 24-week, part-time program and a 12-week, full-time program.
Part-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging content and projects to work through on your own schedule
- Dedicate 4 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on self-paced learning and hands-on projects
Full-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 12-week program with fully live online sessions in a virtual classroom environment
- Launch your career sooner by studying full-time and completing the program at an accelerated pace
- Attend live, instructor-led classes online Monday – Friday, 10 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
- Dedicate 20 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 25+ hours outside of class on projects and homework assignments
» Coding Boot Camp:
- Full-Time December 6, 2021
- Part-Time September 29, 2021
» Data Boot Camp:
- Part-Time December 15, 2021
» Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
- Part-Time December 13, 2021
» UX/UI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time Soon
» FinTech Boot Camp:
- Part-Time December 6, 2021
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time October 19, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
The part-time coding program is 6 months (24 weeks) long, and the full-time program is 3 months (12 weeks) long.
No, applicants do not need to be U of M students. This program is offered through The University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.